Released by Antonio Anile

What are the necessary documents to request before buying a property?

What documents?

Are there necessary documents to request before buying a property?

Necessary documents to request before buying a property – First of all, I would recommend performing all of the verifications listed below before concluding a property contract (if you are being guided by a professional estate agent, he will probably already be doing so).

Posting such checks could result in unfortunate inconveniences, like finding out that the estate can’t be freely bought or sold (for instance because of particular constraints or architectural issues). In this case, it could be difficult get the bond back from the owner, especially if the deposit amount of money has already been spent.

In case you haven’t already done these checks or verifications yet, it is necessary to submit a proposal of purchase after verifying that all that has been declared by the vendor/owner corresponds to the truth.

Here follows a list of main documents to obtain (and of important details to check) in order to safely buying any estate: the following list shows the main documents, procedures and details to obtain or verify necessary for purchasing property safely.

Necessary documents to request before buying a property and procedures to respect.

  1. It is recommended that you request a copy of the act that allowed the owner to claim the property of the building (a purchase contract, or an act of succession/donation): you will have to read it carefully and thoroughly, otherwise it may be possible to run into some technicalities scrutinizing the act should guarantee you a safe purchase without any inconveniences.
  2. You should examine the cadastral blueprints to verify the conformity of the state of the building. (e.g. the actual position of windows, doors and walls, if the bathroom is registered as such, etc…). In the case of mismatching between the cadastral schematics and the actual condition of the estate, it will be necessary for a regularization at the expenses of the vendor, that will be specified in the notarial deed.
  3. Obtain the conformity certificates of the facilities, the hotwater system booklet and the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) from the vendor, in order to be able to have an idea of the electricity consumption.
  4. Read the Housing Clomplex Rules (if you are purchasing in a housing complex): it may sound boring and tedious but it is extremely important. The rules can be very restrictive. For example they can preclude some designations or use of the property (if someday you would like use the property as an office, it may not be allowed).
  5. Perform a property title search of the estate, this can be requested from the notary, who will stipulate the notarial deed or directly to the pertinent revenue office, in order to verify who the actual owner of the estate is, and the presence of rights of third parties or other constraints (mortgages, rights issue, co-ownerships, foreclosures, etc…).
  6. Verify the architectural conformity in the appropriate council office make sure there aren’t any urbanization abuses (undeclared rooms, or doors and windows not mentioned in the blueprint , etc…). Read also this article clicking—> here.
  7. Perform a title history search to obtain identifying and revenue data.

After having performed these checks you can feel about 95% safe (the remaining 5% includes other relatively rare inconvenience that may occur).

Now is the right time to book your notarial deed!!!

Do you really want to buy a house in Italy?

Click here and Download our FREE Guide “How to buy a house in Italy”

WATCH THE VIDEO!

Download our FREE Video-Course

Follow us

Sign up to our Newsletter

GET FREE ACCESS TO:

  • Our Tips
  • Exclusive Video and Ebook
  • Previews on our contents

Search

Recent Posts